Steps to Take if You Can’t Pay Your Bills
- File for Unemployment.
- Contact your Mortgage Lender, Creditor or Lender immediately and ask about your options.
- Cut unnecessary spending and take a look at your budget.
- Look into refinancing your mortgage, a personal loan or another loan product. If you’re in a financial position to do so, interest rates have dropped due to the Federal Reserve cutting interest rates down to 0 percent.
- Contact your utility and service providers.
- Look for new job listings.
Stay healthy, stay positive and know this will soon pass.