You made an offer, and it has been accepted. Go ahead, cue the confetti! And while it’ll be a few more days until you can move in, you’re well on your way to closing the deal on your new home sweet home.
Hi, I’m Fawn Bertram, an agent in Ewa Beach, Hawaii with Homes by Fawn and Hawaii Life Real Estate. Today in our 90 Day Homeowner Challenge, I’m going to give you the rundown on what happens after you make an offer and your new home is “under contract or in escrow.”
Home Buying Journey
So grab a cold one, kick your feet up, and take a listen to what’s coming up next in your home buying journey:
- After your offer is accepted, we will send you a timeline with important dates and information you will need to know to ensure a successful closing.
- Next, you’ll need to contact your mortgage lender to firm up financing details and lock in your interest rate.
- The Earnest Money Deposit will need to be wired or dropped off at the escrow company.
- Once the home inspection report comes back (and it’s highly recommended you have a Home Inspection), we may need to negotiate any repairs or credits with the seller.
- If there is an additional deposit, that will need to be wired or dropped off to escrow. The appraisal will be ordered by the lender, and during this time, you’ll be replying and sending documents to the lender and escrow.
- Once the home appraises, we’ll receive the conditional loan approval from the lender. Then the final loan approval shortly after.
- Finally, it’s time to head to closing! Escrow will usually contact you to schedule a signing date. In Hawaii, after you sign, there is a 2 business day waiting period before you close & record and receive your keys.
Behind the Scenes
Keep in mind that once your home is “under contract or in escrow,” lots of things happen behind-the-scenes. Don’t worry if it’s quiet for a few days—people are hustling to get everything just right for your closing. Of course, as questions come up, talk with your agent. He or she is YOUR advocate every step of the way.
Want to Know More?
If you’re up for the challenge, just click the link here to receive the guide: 90-Day Digital Guide
This guide will walk you through the home buying process and what you should do now to plan for the future. If you’re not ready, that’s fine as well. This 90-Day Homeowner Challenge starts when you’re ready. It can be now or a year from now. All you have to do is click on the link for the challenge, and you’ll be all set.
Let’s Do This!
Ready to start? I can’t wait, let’s do this! Do you have questions? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text at 808-439-1077. I am so excited for you to start on your 90 Day Homeowner Challenge. This is going to be great! Looking forward to helping you on your journey to homeownership. I’m Fawn Bertram with Homes by Fawn and Hawaii Life Real Estate. I’m here to provide you with a smarter approach to real estate. Make it a great home buying and selling day.